toggle
Shadowplay

new poll

» Novak, Lydia E, 29. Forensics. Kristen Gutoskie.
LYDIA NOVAK
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 12:08 AM
quote--
29 years old
Forensics MDPD
Miami, Fl
played by Sammy
4 posts online

Lydia Novak
full name
Lydia Elizabeth Novak
age, d.o.b
29, December 15th 1987
place of birth
Miami Florida
occupation
Forensics at MDPD
orientation
Heterosexual
marital status
Crushing
group
MDPD
play-by
KRISTEN GUTOSKIE
YOU CAN BE MY ALPHABET
- I'll be ur calculator -

OCTOBER 12th

Jimmy Bolt is a butt head and I don't like him. He said my science project on the human body was stupid, so I told him that he was stupid then too, because he is after all a human and has a body. He didn't get it. No one really gets my jokes, or me at all. Even my teacher Mrs. Riley doesn't understand what I'm saying and takes it as me being rude. But they're all wrong... I'm not rude, I'm really, really funny...

Childhood, for most kids, was filled with playing outside, going on adventures with their friends, and goofing off all the time. But for Lydia Novak her childhood was a lot different. She'd rather stay inside and watch the Discovery Channel with her mother than she wanted to go play red rover with the other kids. She'd rather get text books than coloring books, and much preferred when her father would bring her back language books from his travels than she did a toy. But that was just how she was. Lydia wanted to learn all she could, wanted to gain all the knowledge and to retain as much as she could, so she could later use that knowledge to "wow" her teachers or use it against someone during a fight.

Lydia had always had a spitfire in her too. There were several times that she'd gotten sent home with a note about her bad behavior, and the fights she'd gotten into with another student or another. She couldn't really help it that she'd known more than them and they'd gotten mad about it. It wasn't like it was her fault they didn't read, or study anything. She just knew what she knew and wasn't going to back down when someone's argument was wrong. She even argued with her parents when they'd made no sense, well mostly her mom since her pilot father was here and there through out her formative years.

Lydia also had a funny sense of humor, as well. It was very dry for a child, and often bordered on bullying, but she thought it was funny. Lydia, thought mature beyond her age mentally, emotionally was still that child who didn't know how to handle her feelings, so she often used humor as a defense mechanism. She'd mastered sarcasm at an early age, using it against her classmates, her teachers, and especially Jimmy Bolt, who she will never admit, to anyone that she'd had a crush on.

I AM A DASH AND YOU ARE A DOT
-WHEN WILL YOU SEE I'M ALL YOU GOT -

January 30th

I really wish that the New Year would just go back to wherever the hell it came from. Divorce? My parents are getting a divorce? How is that even possible? They love each other, damn it. My father's so full of it, thinking I'd believe the whole "we're just not together enough to make it work," crap. I wish they'd just tell me what the hell is really going on, because obviously they can't lie well enough to convince me otherwise...

During her teen years Lydia only got more mouthy, more emotional, and more defensive. She'd been classified as a 'nerd' by the intellectual peasants at school and deemed 'an outsider' by even the nerds. She didn't really care though. They were just upset that she messed up any curve a teacher would allow, and that was just fine by her. They should just learn to study harder.

She dropped the humor for a bit, well unless you were a friend of hers then it was all humor all the time, because high-school is a very confusing place. She was confused about her body, confused about her feelings, and very confused about what her family life had become. But instead of using humor as a blanket defense she'd switched to more visual defenses. Lydia had a very, very long bout of a "goth" stage, evening out her high-school alter ego with some black lipstick, all black clothes, and lime green streaks in her hair.

In case you're wondering, Lydia didn't mind high-school, no, she did actually like the classes she took, liked the friends she made. The problem with this part in her life rested purely on the emotional side of her life that she tried her best to keep hidden. Her parents sudden, and ridiculous divorce threw her for one of the biggest loops of her life, which in turn made her focus on the other aspects in her life that she could control. Her hair color, her studying, her grades, her clothes, and her persona were all she could control, everything else she ignored.

I'M GREATER THAN X, LESSER THAN Y
- WHY IS IT I STILL CAN'T CATCH YOUR EYE -

TRACY: I seriously can't believe you slept with him?!
LYDIA: What? It wasn't like it's that big of a deal
TRACY: Lyd, you had sex with your room-mate's brother
LYDIA: He was hot, he found me hot...we did it.
LYDIA: Lisa's not going to care.It's just biology.
TRACY: No, it's hornyness leading to horrible, horrible decision making.
LYDIA: I wouldn't call it a bad decisions...
LYDIA: ...in fact it was pretty damn good

Lydia moved away from Miami for college in New York, and was glad to have found control over most of her life. It was during college that the Lydia you will meet today really started to come together. Academically she'd decided to enter into the study of science, with a focus on forensics, because in all honestly she figured that's where the money was now a days and she didn't want to be stuck in school for over four years trying to become a professor. That just wasn't her thing anymore, tho she did love to learn still, it wasn't her main goal in college.

Lydia, now on her own, realized she didn't have to let everything in her personal life get to her. Alright, so maybe she'd decided to see a therapist for the first time, just an on campus clinic shrink who basically helped her through all of this. But she did come to terms with the fact that she couldn't control everything, that she wasn't going to get her parents back together, and that she didn't have to build walls up around herself so that she didn't have to worry about controlling them either. People would just be who they were, and you either accepted that and or didn't and moved on.

College also opened her up to romance for the first time, and the second and third as well. During her four years she'd had three romantic entanglements, her first year was with another freshmen who was in her human biology class, and they'd studied anatomies together, in both the academic and less academic sense. The second boyfriend she had was a drummer, four years older than her, and brought out the wild child she didn't know she had in her. She'd always be grateful to him for that, because she's never really put it back, just kept that part of her under wraps. And her last boyfriend was her longest relationship to date.

William Deacon was a Medical student, and her room-mate's brother. Needless to say they started off very casual and that lead to more. So much more that by the time she'd graduated college they'd ended up engaged, which lead her to stay in New York, and move there to be with him.

SOOTHE ME WITH YOUR WORDS
- WHEN I NEEDED YOUR LOVE -

"I'm seriously at a loss on what to do here. I mean, I like the guy, I really, really do. But he's sooo hot and cold, and I don't even know if I'm ready for that in my life again." [listens to Tracy]"Yeah, I know, I get that... But he's nothing like Will. He's just... I don't know. There's something about him." [sighs] "No, I haven't slept with him, he hardly even notices me,"

It had taken an embarrassingly long time to figure out that she'd made a mistake. Will and her engagement lasted about two years, one of them always putting it off for one reason or another. Will and she weren't as happy as they'd been in college, and for the most and he started treating her a lot differently now that she wasn't around him all the time. In college they'd been inseparable, but now she had work, and responsibilities he obviously wasn't worried about. She couldn't just stay up until four am to help him study for his exams or call off work because he wanted to go out of town that weekend. Honestly, they grew apart over those two years, and she was glad that they'd continued to push back the wedding for whatever reason they had at the time. It made it easier to say good bye and move back home.

At twenty-six she was back at her mom's place, jobless, and freshly single. Lydia did what anyone in her spot would do. She found a job and saved up as much money as she could to get away from her mom, because who wants to be an adult living with someone that can still boss you around? No one. So she started applying for the jobs she wanted, but took the jobs she could get, which meant working at a coffee shop for a few months until a spot at the MDPD forensic's lab opened up, which is where she found herself now. Working to help put the bad guys away, or well prove they did it. She's a level 3 forensic scientist, which means she gets to go out into the field and collect things, as well as microscope what she finds once back at the lab. Because of that she also works closely with some of the cadets and detectives, which is where some complications enter into her life.

The biggest complication being Camden Hollis, a patrol officer she'd worked with a few times and saw often enough that she'd grown to have a bit of a crush on. Yes, a crush in her late twenties, it was all very high-school of her, or well college in her experience. The few times they'd worked together though he'd warm up a bit then almost in an instant get very cold, like she'd done something to cause the change, and though it frustrates her to no end, it also intrigues the hell out of her. It's like Cam is something she wants to study, to learn, to just investigate and try to outwit her way past the hot and cold and hopefully into his life. But she realizes that's going to take some time, and has to not focus on it, too much.

OH, ACADEMIA
- RELATIONSHIPS-

FAMILY(AGE):

Leona N. (26) sister
    Patrick N. (24) Brother
EX(ES)(AGE):
    William D. (31) Ex

- questionnaire -

POSITIVE TRAITS: intellect, compassionate, enthusiastic, logical, optimistic, outgoing, hard working, favors loyalty
NEGATIVE TRAITS: scattered, head in the clouds, awkward, can't help but fill silence, laughs at the worst times.
FAVORITE HOBBY: romance novels
SPIRIT ANIMALS: Jemma Simmons, Peter Bishop
THEME SONG: academia -- sia

reading, work, Camden Hollis, cooking, daydreaming, anything fantasy or science fiction, pineapples, music

DISLIKES:
    brussel sprouts, unrequited love, losing track of things, getting distracted, country music, being late, rain
SAMMY. EASTERN. PM PLS.
pm--
email
^
BATGIRL
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 02:39 AM
quote--
N/A years old
http://i63.tinypic.com/j58gu9.jpg
N/A
played by N/A
110 posts online

accepted!
pm--
email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Shadowplay Topsites Shadowplay
Scrolling

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.