Margret Harper
 Posted: May 1 2017, 06:53 PM
quote--
28 years old
COMIC CLERK || NIGHTCRAWLER HACKER
Santa Monica, CA
played by Sammy
154 posts online

Last night, Maggie had been lost. She knew that something was missing from her plan, but she couldn't figure out what it was. The Nightcrawlers needed money, and while she could funnel little bits of money electronically from random Swiss bank accounts, she wasn't necessarily getting enough of what they needed. Part of her realized they needed cash, and the best way to get a shit ton of cash right away was to steal it.

Now, planning heists was not Maggie's specialty, well not physical heists. She 'd been doing a bang up job electronically stealing peoples money for most of her life, but as for the actual money they needed; she's have to plan an actual heist. Sure she knew the basics. She needed a few of the beefy enforcers all decked out in black, some guns, ski masks, and a car. But she wasn't sure she knew of a Nightcrawler that was that skilled in getting away from a chase if need be. Sure there were those that bragged and boasted they could, but having never witnessed them do so, her trust in their skills was lacking.

No, she needed a professional, especially if this was going to go down as one of her better non-techy jobs. She was pretty sure she was supposed to hand this over to Spencer about three ideas ago, but she's not one to exactly follow Spencer's protocols. So she'd started jotting on her notepad her ideas, the logistics of it being right, and then finally a doodle of a cat. It was saying meow and holding a yarn ball, it was pretty damn cute if you asked her. But back on point. Maggie Harper had found the perfect plan to not only steal a shit ton of cash, but to steal a shit ton of Italian cash.

After countless calls, to people she hoped to never have to speak to ( I mean Leary Larry, really?), she found exactly who she'd been looking for. His name was Samuel King, and according to what she'd heard from a friend he was damn good at his job. He was exactly who she was looking for, so that night she followed his contact procedure, because you know criminals got to be creative and shit now a days, and contacted him to meet her at the beach at noon the following day. That she'd be the girl in the obnoxious yellow bathing suit, sun tanning on a Superman beach towel.

However, now that she was actually laying out on the beach, in her stupid yellow bathing suit on her superman towel she wasn't so sure she'd done the right thing here. What if Samuel King was like as big as a giant? With giant muscles and saw all 5'7'' of her and just crumpled her up in his pocket and walked away? Was she really going to meet this guy all by herself? Wouldn't it have been a smart idea to bring one of the enforcers with her? Why did she decide to pick the yellow bathing suit instead of her less obnoxious ones? Why did Rose let go of Jack after saying she wouldn't?! All of these things were racing through her mind as she laid there, her glasses hanging on her nose as she watched the waves roll over and over against the sand. Please don't let me die today.

BY MITZI

SAMUEL KING

--------------------
user posted image
pm--
email
^
SAMUEL KING
 Posted: May 2 2017, 02:37 PM
quote--
22 years old
Mechanic and Driver
Atlanta, Georgia
played by Moo
40 posts online

THE SHARPEST LIVES
ARE THE DEADLIEST
TO LEAD
When Sam first arrived in Miami, things were great. Jobs kept falling neatly into his lap. Money was of no concern; it didn't matter that his mechanic job didn't pay much, because it wasn't paying the bills. Now, however, things had slowed down, and it felt like he was leaning heavily on his shop job. It wasn't like he was a lavish spender, and sometimes he wondered where all the money could have gone, but each time he checked his bank statement, everything checked out. The fact of the matter was that he needed a job, and soon.

The message came to him anonymously, and he didn't know how it had shown up, but he had learned not to question that sort of thing. He had also learned to always meet in a public place, which is why he didn't protest when the strange source asked to meet him on the beach. The yellow bathing suit and superman towel thing made him wonder if this was some sort of practical joke set up by someone in his group, or some sort of scam, but he had nothing better to do with his day off, which is why he found himself heading down to the beach in his only pair of swim trunks and a tee-shirt.

The sun was out in full force, and so were the beach-goers. It took him several minutes of combing through the crowds to find the right combination of bathing suit and towel. She was an innocuous-looking blonde, maybe a little older than Sam, and rather attractive, not that it was really something he should think about with a potential client. He strolled over as casually as his gangly self could and sat down next to her, hoping that this wasn't some unfortunately coincidental woman instead.

"The waves look good today," he said, the code-phrase they had agreed upon, as he stared out at the ocean. The waves didn't look particularly good, but then again Sam had never spent much time in the ocean, let alone tried surfing.

Huntress 342 HOPE THIS WORKS!
credit to kenz.
pm--
^
Margret Harper
 Posted: May 2 2017, 05:11 PM
quote--
28 years old
Santa Monica, CA
played by Sammy
154 posts online

The more she sat there the more she was pretty sure that what she was doing was the worst idea she'd ever had in her life. And she'd had a perm for about a year there in high-school. Feeling more anxious by the second she sat there like and idiot in her loud yellow suit and superman towel, like nothing was bothering her. The waves were supposed to be calming right? The noise of them crashing into each other was supposed to bring people peace and relaxation. She wasn't supposed to hear crunching bones in them. People fell asleep to this sound. Where the demented people that liked the nose of crunching bones?

"The waves look good today,"

She'd been so lost in her slow simmering panic she hadn't noticed someone had come up to her side and sat down in the sand beside her. She looked over cautiously remembering that phrase was how she'd know who he was. Hesitantly she turned her head to him, taking in the look of him. He was younger than she'd thought he'd be, with red hair too. That was definitely unexpected. She could tell that underneath the t-shirt he had a fit body, not massive like the enforcers she knew, but sculpted. If the way his legs were stretched out was an indication, he was pretty tall. And his face, well, he was actually attractive, which could be the lack of action she got recently talking. He wasn't what she'd been expecting and part of her was very, very happy about that.

"Yeah, I hear their crushing on the shore," She said stupidly. She gave him a weak smile and raised her brow, "Maggie. I believe we talked earlier yesterday?" She offered trying to stay cool as a cucumber, when it was actually the farthest thing from how she was actually feeling. "Like your trunks," Mags added filling the very short silence after her last comment. Yeah, she was nervous, and doing a great job hiding it. Not.

BY MITZI

SAMUEL KING
NOTE: OMG, i'm sorry she's so awkward.

--------------------
user posted image
pm--
email
^
SAMUEL KING
 Posted: May 2 2017, 08:57 PM
quote--
22 years old
Mechanic and Driver
Atlanta, Georgia
played by Moo
40 posts online

THE SHARPEST LIVES
ARE THE DEADLIEST
TO LEAD
Sam raised an eyebrow at her comment about it crushing the shore. Was that supposed to be a joke…? For a moment, he wondered if he really did sit down next to the wrong woman, and she thought his comment was an attempt to flirt with her. He wouldn’t mind that altogether, except that he would rather not be wasting time that he could be spending getting a job.

It was a relief when she mentioned that they spoke. “Then you know who I am,” he replied to her introduction, more awkwardly than the mysterious effect he intended.

His cheeks turned a little red at her mention of his swim trunks, which hopefully she hadn’t noticed were not in the best condition. “Thanks,” he replied shortly. He wasn’t used to wearing shorts, and wasn’t terribly happy to have his acres of ghostly white leg exposed for the world to see.

Desperately hoping to change the subject away from his unfortunate attire, he said, “So, what do you need?” He figured this was direct enough to get to the point without arousing the suspicion of any of the surrounding beachgoers.

Huntress 189 DUCKLINGS.
credit to kenz.
pm--
^
Margret Harper
 Posted: May 2 2017, 09:20 PM
quote--
28 years old
Santa Monica, CA
played by Sammy
154 posts online

Well this wasn't going exactly to plan. Maggie went from thinking she was going to die, to hoping she did. Here she sat, sitting right beside a genuine criminal driver asking him about his swim trunks? Oh, yeah, She was definitely some sort of idiot parading around as a heist mastermind. It was enough to want to run away screaming and call in the actual mastermind of the Nightcrawlers. "Yeah, I know who you are," She added just as awkwardly, looking back at the beach and trying hard to keep her mind from getting all wrapped up in this awkwardness.

He looked so put off by her trunks comment that she instantly wanted to pull the words out of the air and slip them back into her unfiltered mouth. Seriously, this was going horribly wrong and she expected him to stand right back up and head back towards his car to speed off into the Miami traffic, where he'd undoubtedly stay for a hour or two. "Welcome. She said quietly as he thanked her for the trunks appraisal.

"So what do you need?" He asked and Maggie smiled feeling so much better that he'd asked because she wasn't exactly sure of the protocol in these types of situations.

"Other than sun lotion, I'd said I need someone to help drive a few of my friends and I around so we can pick up a few things." She said as she lifted her brow and met his eyes. She dug her toes nervously into the sand and let it get caught up between her toes, "Probably sometime next week," She added with a shrug. "If that'd work for you," Maggie added quickly. Still kind of wanting to be swallowed up into the ocean. How does one acquire skills in criminal deal making? Maybe she should ask one of her fellow criminals? "I have to apologize, this is my first time doing something like this, so excuse my awkwardness." She said finally giving up the erroneous facade of knowing what she's doing.

BY MITZI

SAMUEL KING
NOTE: honestly, idk what's going on with her.

--------------------
user posted image
pm--
email
^
SAMUEL KING
 Posted: May 12 2017, 02:43 PM
quote--
22 years old
Mechanic and Driver
Atlanta, Georgia
played by Moo
40 posts online

THE SHARPEST LIVES
ARE THE DEADLIEST
TO LEAD
Even discussing the job didn't seem to dissapate the awkwardness between them. Maybe Maggie was as inexperienced with this sort of thing as Sam was. He was good at going with the flow and pretending like he knew what he was talking about, one of the things that got him into this line of work in the first place, but that only worked when the person he was with knew what they were doing.

She was quick to get down to business once he prompted it, though, and for that he was thankful. Maybe that would cut down the awkwardness. He nodded as she gave him the details, and was about to reply when she apologized.

His apology made her chuckle lightly. To be honest, he was somewhat relieved that she noticed how awkward it was too, and that it wasn't all just him. "That's alright," he told her. "It's the first time I've done this on a beach," he offered, gesturing to their bright surroundings that contrasted with the subject matter they were discussing.

His mind going back to business, he turned back to her and said, "So, how many friends? And how much stuff? Are we talking a quick convenience store run, or Walmart level shopping?" He hoped she understood his store-related metaphors, something he tried to use to represent pocket-sized items vs. a bulky theft. He wasn't going to ask what the merchandise was - that wasn't his department - as long as he knew how big of a car he needed.

Huntress 253 SORRY THIS IS WEIRD
credit to kenz.
pm--
^
Margret Harper
 Posted: May 19 2017, 08:08 PM
quote--
28 years old
Santa Monica, CA
played by Sammy
154 posts online

Maggie let out a sigh as her apology seemed to relieve some of the awkwardness between them. Sure, maybe the beach had seemed like an odd place to set up a shady deal, but it was also Maggie's day off and honestly, she'd rather spend it semi-working on the sand than hanging out in some seedy bar. Blame it on the Cali-Girl in her. "There's a first time for everything," She laughed slightly as she dug her green painted toes into the hot sand.

Awkwardness slightly abated he went right back to business, "Two more friends will be joining, and I think it's more of a quick stop at a convenient store, than a wal-mart run. Though, we are looking for a very specific type of food." Maggie said with a sigh, the next part was the part she was afraid to bring up, because honestly it was the worst part. The part that could make him decide the job wasn't worth it. "How do you feel about Italian cuisine?" Maggie asked, hoping he understood that this job would involve the Italian mafia. Hopefully he had no qualms about going against them, but if he told her that he was a fan, this deal was over already.

BY MITZI

SAMUEL KING
NOTE: sorry this took so long. and that it's short. oof.

--------------------
user posted image
pm--
email
^
SAMUEL KING
 Posted: May 23 2017, 08:25 PM
quote--
22 years old
Mechanic and Driver
Atlanta, Georgia
played by Moo
40 posts online

THE SHARPEST LIVES
ARE THE DEADLIEST
TO LEAD
Luckily, she seemed to catch onto his metaphor quickly. Three people would be easy enough to transport. It would mean as long as the cargo wasn't too big, he had his pick of car. He always preferred to use innocuous vehicles wherever possible, and this case allowed him the most discreet of choices: a black four-door sedan. It was always easiest to slip away unnoticed when your car looked like half the city's.

The next question from Maggie put a bit of a wrench into things, however. Stealing from the Italians? Just who was this woman running with? Sam always preferred not to ask - the little he knew, the better for him, he found - but he couldn't help but wonder. "I don't mind trying it, but I'm afraid of what it might do to me later," he said, patting his stomach to go along with the innocent half of the double entendre.

Usually these were the kinds of jobs he took on his own, without discussing them with his crew, but he was starting to think this may be the sort of thing he should consult with Isi on. After all, if he got caught on a job against the Italians, this could end up coming back to haunt more than just him. But he wouldn't get caught, would he? That was the whole point of why he was being hired. So they wouldn't get caught. It was his job to make sure they all got away smoothly, and it was a job he was particularly good at. "If you're all punctual...I think we can make it work," he told her.

Huntress 271 blergh sorry...
credit to kenz.
pm--
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Shadowplay Topsites Shadowplay
Scrolling

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.