CAITLYN HARPER
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 04:04 PM
quote--
26 years old
FBI ANALYST
CHICAGO, IL
played by LOTTIE
16 posts online

Miami had become Caitlyn's favourite place. She never really had a place that was a favourite before, sure MIT had been great but there was just something about Miami that gave her a great sense of freedom and independence. Even if she didn't have too many friends, she still loved it because she was her own person and she didn't have to deal with her parents. It was weird, she never thought she'd be able to make it on her own and there had been many, many times that she had wanted to give up, thought she really couldn't do it but she'd got through them. Everyone had off days. She'd just finished a shift and it was late – she didn't mind lates though, it was always less busy on the freeway when she needed to head home so Cait was in a pretty good mood considering it was 10pm.

There was the little issue about her needing to go grocery shopping and there were some 24 hour supermarkets. She wanted croissants from breakfast in the morning and that meant that she'd have to go, even if all she wanted to do was go home, get into her pj's and sleep. It was weird, after that guy had said he was there to take her back to her parents (to which she had told him no way and he'd seemingly backed off), she couldn't help but feel like she was being followed. The need to get home was starting to outweigh the need for french pastries in the morning. Shaking her head to herself, she grabbed her keys out of her purse and started her car. She was twenty six years old and she was not being followed. With a deep breath, Cait started the car and headed a few blocks away to the supermarket. She was trying to hurry because she really did just want to get home. That feeling of being followed? It wasn't going away.

As she was walking back to her car, Cait stopped as she heard footsteps but they stopped when she did. This caused her to roll her eyes to herself as she opened her trunk. Of course, that was the exact moment someone grabbed her from behind. Oh how she wished she'd been wrong about the feeling of someone following her. Cait screamed, wondering it it would be of any help as there seemed to be no one around. The man gripped her tight and whispered something in her ear about taking her back home. Though she was hysterical so she might have got it wrong. “Please.....don't take me back there. Let me go!” she struggled but wasn't strong enough as he started to drag her off, until she felt someone else there, someone take a swing at the guy who'd grabbed her causing him to fling Cait. She hit the floor hard, glasses flying off and definitely giving herself some cuts and bruises to her hip and definitely her hands and elbows. What the hell was going on?

tagged: LELAND ADAIR
pm--
email
^
LELAND ADAIR
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 07:13 PM
quote--
36 years old
Private Investigator
Saltney, Wales
played by Sammy
7 posts online

Lee didn't know what he was doing. Cait had asked him to stop checking up on her weeks ago, and yet here he was still not listening. But it seemed like every road he took lead him to her, like he needed to make sure she was alright. That his peace of mind relied on making sure that bird was safe and secure. It'd been something in her desperate eyes that night as she'd begged him not to take her back to her family. It struck him in a way that he hadn't been hit in a while. In a way that felt like redemption, a reason to get up and do something productive with his life instead of just existing like he'd been doing. Caitlyn Harper felt like his salvation in a way that made no sense to him.

All he knew was that he had to keep her safe.

It was a bloody joke really, feeling like this after he'd let his wife die because he wouldn't let go of a stupid case. A case that ultimately lead to her death. In some ways it made more sense than anything else in his life at the moment. Hell, he'd even stopped drinking as much as he'd been doing. Lee wasn't going to just stop drinking all together, it's what kept him him sane most days, but it's really hard to keep eyes on a headstrong twenty-something woman if you're completely pissed all the time, and that's what Lee would be doing until he was sure she was safe.

That's what brought him here tonight, in the dark secluded alley that made him want to yell at the sweet innocent girl he should have forgotten about weeks ago. Bloody hell, Kitten what are you doing? He thought as he watched her get to her car, a shadow falling behind her made Leland's pulse race. Just get to the car, love... Just a few more... what the bloody fuck are you doing? He thought moving on his feet quickly as she stopped at the trunk of her car, the shadow gaining on her before Lee could get to her. "Damn it all," He muttered as he ran up to them.

When he heard her plead with the bastard, Lee felt his blood boil. Don't try to reason with thugs, kitten, He thought as he reached them, pulling the thug back by his hair and throwing his whole body into a fast sucker punch to his nose. Leland felt the bone crack under his fingers, and his an instant shock of pain across his knuckles as he staggered through the punch as he regained his own balance. Not wasting any time he pushed the man distracted broken nosed man into her open trunk and shut it quickly, locking him in Cait's car.

He moved quickly, crouching low to scoop Caitlyn up into his arms, "It's alright, K--Cait, I got you, stop fighting me, Cait," He said softly against her pushes as he lifted her to her feet. When those eyes met his he nearly lost himself with the need to console her, but there wasn't any time for that. "Can you walk?" He said taking in the injuries she'd endured during the initial attack and his blood started boiling again. She had scraps all over her arms and legs, and she wasn't putting much weight on her one side. Without so much as a word he scooped her up into his, carrying her with his arm under her knees and behind her back and headed back towards his car, "Do me a favor, Cait, get my cell phone out of my jacket's front pocket, and call the cops here, tell them there's a miscreant in your car's trunk." He said with a sigh as he moved quickly into the brighter lit streets of Miami.

BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
CAITLYN HARPER
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 03:40 PM
quote--
26 years old
FBI ANALYST
CHICAGO, IL
played by LOTTIE
16 posts online

Initially, when she'd first met Leland Adair, she couldn't believe that her parents had called a private investigator anyway. They had never cared. They hadn't even tried to see her since she'd graduated college, an even they had also chosen not to attend. So why now? They'd probably found out she was FBI and wanted to use that to their advantage with their ties. So she'd asked him if he'd stop, tell her parents he couldn't find her because there was no way she could go back to that life. To her surprise, he'd said he would. Now, she hadn't seen him since but she'd thought she'd glanced him now and then. It was strange really but she needed to push those thoughts out of her head. There had been something about him though that made her feel safe, even during that brief meeting. It was quite strange really.

If he was keeping tabs on her then it wasn't like she hated the thought. Not at all.

No one had ever looked out for her before in her life, probably because she'd never really allowed that to happen. Whenever the few friends she had were worried about her, she generally told them to stop because she wasn't sure how she felt. Having not had any experience of that kind of thing growing up, it was almost an alien concept to her. One that she didn't want to really explain to people. But he wasn't doing that, he more than likely had much better things to do with his time that check on her all day. She just needed to stop thinking like that. And she did, once she'd gathered some groceries that'd get her by until weekend when she could go to the proper supermarket she allays visited. However, the thought of someone following her grew as she headed back to her car, and it wasn't a good feeling. It was a bad one.

As soon as she was grabbed, cait screamed. It was a natural reaction after all and she was terrified. Of course it wasn't Leland that had been following her, she'd been a complete idiot and for someone as smart as she was, that was saying something. As soon as the man mentioned her parents, she just struggled more. Her FBI training was going to help when he had her arms completely pinned. What she hadn't expected was for someone to intervene and she vaguely registered the sound of a bone cracking as she was flung to the floor. Landing awkwardly on her hip definitely hurt her. She reached for her glasses, thankful they weren't broken, just in time to see the man that had attacked her being thrown into her trunk. But she was still terrified so as someone crouched by her, of course she screamed and lashed out.

She hit out a few times until the voice sunk in and she recognised it as Leland's. She stopped hitting at him and winced as he took her in his arms to help her up. “.....Leland?” She asked as she scrunched up her face in that way that made her look super confused. When he asked her if she could walk, she nodded but before she could answer properly, he'd scooped her up into his arms and she gasped because she hadn't been expecting it but she instinctively wrapped her arms over his shoulders. She did as he asked and pulled out his phone and instead of randomly calling the MDPD, she dialled theo's number because he owed her a favour. She explained the situation and he said that he'd deal with it and drop her car by her place. She then ended the call and looked at him, a frown creasing her brow, “How did you find me so quickly?” Not that it was a bad thing, at all, she was grateful.

pm--
email
^
LELAND ADAIR
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 10:09 PM
quote--
36 years old
Private Investigator
Saltney, Wales
played by Sammy
7 posts online

Her confusion at him being there was definitely warranted, he wasn't supposed to be there, hell, she'd told him not to check up on her, and yet here he was. Though, he did like it stated for the record that he'd been needed to night, and that it was a good thing he hadn't listened to her for that reason. God only knew where that thug would have taken her, and he had a pretty good idea where. Her damned parents were after her again, no longer taking him at his word that she was simply untraceable. Damn it all, He thought as he covertly listened to her calling...Who the bloody hell is Theo? He thought as she started talking to whoever the hell he was on the other end. Leland hated to admit it, but the green eyes monster reared a nasty alarm in his head, but that was ridiculous. He shouldn't be jealous of Theo, whoever the sod was.

And of course that's when she has to ask the question he didn't want asked. "Because I didn't listen, I've been making sure you're alright since we last spoke," He said fully expecting her to be angry at him. Honestly, she probably should be angry with him. She had the right to decide if she wanted his help or not, but he also had the right to know when someone's in trouble like she was to make sure she was safe. Especially since she'd seemed to burrow her way under his skin in the few meetings they'd had. "Yell at me later, Cait, just need to make sure there is a later," He said as he came up to his own car and set her down to her feet. Lee told himself that it was alright to let her go, but his arms didn't seem to want to, so the helped her into the car before he moved quickly to his side.

There was only one place he could think to take her, and she wasn't going to like it. "Can you buckle yourself? Or do you need me to do it?" He asked sincerely because the way her side looked, he knew it had to hurt. He really wished he'd done more than break that assholes nose. "I'm going to take you home," Lee said softly, not telling her that home meant his home, a place her parents and whoever her parents sent after her wouldn't look.

BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
CAITLYN HARPER
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 01:22 PM
quote--
26 years old
FBI ANALYST
CHICAGO, IL
played by LOTTIE
16 posts online

Theo definitely owed her a huge favour after she'd given him and his partner some information when one of the MDPD cases had merged with an FBI investigation. So he owed her, big time. She didn't spend long on the call, explained what had happened but she was ok, that a friend had helped her but she needed the guy taking into the station. Once the call was done, she looked at Leland and slipped his phone back into his pocket, before taking in a deep breath, and closing her eyes so she could try and calm herself down. She was so shaken and she hated to think what could have happened should Lee not have shown up. Cait had told him to stop following her but she'd never been more grateful to anyone in her life. No one had ever done anything for her before. She didn't really know what to say.

As he spoke, cait couldn't help the way her stomach tightened and flipped when he said he hadn't listened to her and he'd been keeping an eye on her ever since they'd last spoke, "....you have?" she was dumbfounded. All her life, she'd looked out for herself. Someone doing something for her, something so huge, she didn't know how to take it. Obviously, she liked Lee, she hadn't thought him a bad guy for what he'd initially been hired to do. But as she looked at him now, there was a different kind of feeling growing inside of her. One that she knew could be disastrous if she let it get out of hand, which it clearly was already. "I'm not going to yell..." she said sincerely as he set her in the car. 

When he asked about buckling herself up, she just nodded, still watching him carefully as she did her belt, but carefully. As he said he was taking her home, she shook her head, "n-n-no....don't take me back there please. What if someone is waiting?" cait was terrified, so terrified, she reached over and squeezed up his wrist. ".....please." she hated how terrified she sounded but she couldn't hide it. She then also gave him a smile, ".....thank you, for what you did tonight."cait squeezed his wrist again before she let go and sat back.

pm--
email
^
LELAND ADAIR
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 01:51 PM
quote--
36 years old
Private Investigator
Saltney, Wales
played by Sammy
7 posts online

Leland had been ready for his ear to be yelled off, but when she just asked him 'really" all he could do was nod. It wasn't like he could help himself, really. She'd gotten under his skin pretty damn quickly and after that it wasn't like he could get her out. It was like she was a parasite, a cute parasite, but one that latched onto his brain and made it impossible to not wonder if she was alright, or if she was okay. He was basically a bloody stalker and here she was looking at him like he was some sort of hero, "It not a big deal," He offered as they got to the car and she said she wasn't going to yell.

He made quick work of getting himself in the car, making sure she was buckled in and starting the car up when she grabbed his wrist. "We're not going there... You're safe, kitten," He said laying his other hand on top of hers before smiling, "I'm taking you to my place, they'll have a hard time finding it," He smiled as she smiled back, thanking him for everything he done. "Like I said, it's no big deal. Right place, right time." He offered with a smile before he turned forward and started pulling the car out onto the street.

The minutes blurred into ten, and as he sat there he saw her hand shaking in her lap, so he reached out and grabbed it, "Shh, stop that. You're fine...miles away from the trouble now," He said trying not to indulge himself by holding her hand, but it felt good in his, and he hadn't held a woman's hand in a while. His thumb slid over her knuckles absent-mindedly before he pulled his hand back to turn the car. He let out a sigh as they drove a bit longer, stopping at a red light.

He looked over at her while he waited. She had a bit of blood on her cheek from where it'd grazed his hand when he'd picked her up, so he reached across the car and brushed it away from her skin before pulling his hand back with a smile, "Calm down, Kitten. You're fine. Just some blood, awfully sorry about that, by the way," He added with a small smile before green hues lit her face, signalling for him to put the car back into drive and drive the last block to the refurbished warehouse flat

BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
CAITLYN HARPER
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 04:30 PM
quote--
26 years old
FBI ANALYST
CHICAGO, IL
played by LOTTIE
16 posts online

Leland telling her that him showing up wasn't a big deal almost made her laugh. He didn't know what her life had been like, how cait had done everything for herself since the moment she realised her parents didn't care about her, that their business acitivities were more important than her, as well as the criminal life she had no clue they had. it was just how life had always been. The fact that he didn't understand how much of a big deal this was to cait, well, she wanted to make sure he did understand, no matter how long of it. "It is...." she argued softly. there was no way she was going to tell him everythig, she wasn't in the right frame of mind to even consider doing it.

The thought of going home and being faced with the possibility of someone attacking her there just terrified her even more. Cait couldn't believe how badly her parents wanted her home. It wasn't out of love though and she knew that. So when Leland told her that he wasn't taking her back there, she felt a relief coming over her. She didn't want to go back there, not for a while. It was probably safer if she didn't. Cait hadn't expected him to put his hand overs hers ane she felt her cheeks go red, just a little as she reached with her other hand to push her glasses up her nose. "okay..." she said softly and nodded as she looked at him. He had to stop saying it wasn't a big deal, it was. One day she'd explain why but she now, she just smiled at him again, "...also....kitten? i've never had a nickname before..." the made her smile just a little bit.

the longer there was quiet though, the more cait dwelled on what had happened to her and she realised just how terrified she was. it might not have been anything horrendous, but it had still been traumatic. she was shaking and she tried to hide it but he obviously saw her. She jumped just a little she felt his hand take hers. Cait felt comforted though as she looked at his hand in hers before she looked at him when he spoke, "....I k-k-know...I just..." she sighed and let out a shrug because she didn't know how to explain how scard she was still, though he was helping. him being there. the feeling og his thumb brushing across her knuckles made the skin tingle. and then it was gone.

Cait kept her eyes forward, waiting for the light to change and was startled again, as she felt his hand on her cheek. She looked at him, pushing her glases up her nose again as they'd slipped down. "you don't need to apologise, you stopped the guy from t-taking me goodness knows where." she said with a soft smile, carrying on looking at him as he began to drive again. but then she remembered her stuff, "i need clothes and things....I'm going to have to go back at som point....i need my car too." she had no desire to go back there but she might have to. chewing her lip, she sighed, "maybe in a couple of days..."

pm--
email
^
LELAND ADAIR
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 12:07 PM
quote--
36 years old
Private Investigator
Saltney, Wales
played by Sammy
7 posts online

Leland didn't want to think about the way she looked when she'd argued that his helping her had been a big deal. It made him want to know what she'd been through that just being there seemed like such a monumental thing to her. It really kind of pissed him off. But he didn't want to focus on that right now, because anger was not what he needed to be feeling in this moment. He may not have been a great private investigator as of late, but he still knew that someone going through what she'd just been through needed a calm environment. And with how she was shaking he wasn't going to add to her trauma by becoming an asshole.

Luckily she'd calmed down when he said he was taking her to his place and with an okay everything seemed to fall back into a tense calmness that was very unnerving to him. But after what'd just happened, he couldn't blame her for being scared or shaken. It made him mad that he'd listened as much as he had to her when she said he didn't have to watch her, for keeping as much distance as he had. If he'd followed his gut and told her that he wasn't going to stop, instead of hiding it, maybe none of this would have happened. Maybe she wouldn't be shaking like a leaf in his passenger's seat after just being accosted.

When she brought up the fact that he'd called her kitten he looked at her for a brief second trying to recount him saying that out loud. His cheeks instantly felt hotter as he turned back towards the road and tried not to focus on the fact he'd called her Kitten out loud. It'd been his own personal little nickname for Cait, and now she knew it. He'd really needed to get a hold of himself. "Oh, I'm sorry... Hope that's alright?" He said gripping the steering wheel a bit tighter trying not to notice the way her hands were still shaking, but after another second he couldn't take it anymore. When he reached out to take her hand, he couldn't help but relish the feeling of it in his hands, even if she was shaking.

He tried not to notice the way she pushed her glasses up her nose, but a small smile spread across his face at the gesture. "Don't think about it, Caitlyn," He said right as the green light lit up their world and he had to pull his focus from her once again and focus on the rest of the drive to his place. When she mentioned about not having any of her things he shook his head, "No way, you're not going back there... I'll go round in a few days, until then you can borrow a few things of mine, until we can get your things," He said realizing that seeing her in his clothes was going to be a very challenging feat indeed, but there was no way she was going back to her place. Her parents obviously knew where she was, and honestly, that scared him more than he liked to admit.

He pulled into the parking lot of his warehouse and sighed, "Well, this is it... It's not much on the outside...or the immediate inside, but the living area's not bad," He explained hoping she wasn't freaking out about the exterior of his place. It was an old warehouse he'd bought a few years ago and started to fix up. At first it'd been a way to distract himself from his wive's death, but as soon as he figured out that he'd done enough to live comfortably he'd lost steam and found the bottom of a bottle again. "Well," He added as they both got out of the car, "It's livable," He admitted as he came round the car to help her. He winced slightly as the adrenaline wore off and he realized he must have hit his side at some point during the rush to get the man into her trunk. "C'mon Kitten," Lee sighed as he hovered near her in case her injuries were starting to hurt as well. Yeah, that's why.

BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
CAITLYN HARPER
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 06:37 PM
quote--
26 years old
FBI ANALYST
CHICAGO, IL
played by LOTTIE
16 posts online

People found it hard to figure her out a lot of the time, mainly because she didn't like people to know what she'd had to deal with growing up. There were people who's parents cared, who went to their kids graduation, who were excited when it was found that their child was intellectually advanced, and then there were cait's parents. they never cared. looking after herself had become her number one priority so long ago, when she should have still be having fun like a child. So having anyone do anything for her, was new. she wouldn't be able to deal wth that right away because it had never happened before.

Cait was calmer at least, and that was saying something considering how she still felt inside. she couldn't really understand it. she was still scared, but she wasn't embarrassed by that at all. in reality, she really was wonderingwhat the hell would have happened if he'd have listened to her. she'd probably be bundled in the back on a car on the way back to chicago. it made her feel sick to her stomach becaise it was seriously so scary what could have happened to her. he really had probably just possibly saved her life - even if it didn't seem that way yet. she stared out of the window, watching the street lights go by, knowing he was looking at her but she felt a couple of tears leak out of her eyes and she didn't want him to see her cry. it was just all sinking in. cait quickly raised her hand and wiped her cheeks as she took a breath before she looked over at him briefly before looking towards the road.

was bringing up him calling her kitten something she should have left? it was just strange for cait to hear because she really hadn't had a nickname before. she watched him, a small smile playing at her lips as she did. she nodded her head when he said he hoped it was okay and felt her cheeks grow hotter as she watched him grip at the steering wheel, she hadn't meant to embarrass him at all and she felt slightly bad. "no, it's ok. i've just never really had a nickname before..." cait shrugged lightly as she pursed her lips. sure, people called her caity or cait but that wasn't something like the nickname that he'd just called her. it wasn't that bad either, she didn't actually mind. his hand in hers just raised the temperature in her own cheeks but she still managed to look over at him and smile.

telling her not to think about it, definitely mader her think about it more. her parents were bad, bad people who should never have had a child in the first place. she never wanted to see them again. ever. they didn't deserve to see her. where she was now, cait had made it there on her own. yes, they had funded her college but the work she'd done since graduating, had been all her. when he said she could borrow a few things of hers, cait raised her eyebrows and frowned, "....well, i...i mean ok. looks like i won't be going to work for a few days then..." she could not go to work on clothes she'd borrowed from him but she also really didn't want to go home. so if she had to phone and say she had some personal issues and she needed to take some time then she would, "....that's...sure.. thank you." she didn't want to sound ungrateful.

her blue eyes took in the building ahead of thm and she tilted her head, "....you live in an entire building?" she'd never seen a place like it. not somethingl ike this used for a residence anyway. As he got out, cait watched him move around and she smiled when he opened the door. she climbed out slowly, wincing slightly as she moved her hip too quick, biting her bottom lip until she was fully out. cait didn't miss the way he winced and she frowned at him, "are you ok?" she asked him, the concern clear in her voice. as he called her kitten again, she smiled and nodded, following him inside. she hadn't expected it to look anything like it did, "....this is..wow. it's huge." she said as she looked back at him. as she did, she could feel herself still shaking but at least she was safe now.

pm--
email
^
LELAND ADAIR
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 10:53 PM
quote--
36 years old
Private Investigator
Saltney, Wales
played by Sammy
7 posts online

Leland really hoped he wasn't blushing as hard as he thought he was. In fact, he hope it was so dark that even if he was Caitlyn couldn't see it, regardless. But as she sort of shyly told him she'd never had a nickname before he couldn't help but glance over at her. Was she blushing, too? Good Lord, he hadn't meant to make her blush in return. Although, he had to admit she looked damn good with a bit of color in her cheeks, and he was glad she wasn't in too much shock that she couldn't get that reaction. Meant he didn't have to tip toe too much tonight. "Well, Kitten, you have one now," He said simply as he pulled into the driveway, smiling every so slightly as he did.

When she said she'd have to skip a few days of work he nodded, "I honestly think that's best. If they knew your car, they've probably been following it, know where you work and what not. It's best we let the cops deal with this for a few days before we take any chances." He explained hoping it didn't sound creepy or anything. He was sincerely worried about her safety, and though they were practically strangers in a lot of ways, the girl had grown very important to him over the month he'd been watching over her. He wouldn't know what to do if anything happened to her, something he was trying very hard not to read into. "Again, Kitten, it's no problem," He offered as she thanked him again. It was hard not to smile at her continuous gratitude, however misplaced it felt.

Leland laughed when she asked about him living in the whole building, "No, can't say the whole warehouse is habitable, in fact, most of it isn't, but the place I've renovated is very comfortable..if I say so myself." He chuckled as he came up beside her. The warehouse wasn't even half as impressive as she'd just made it sound, but there something so exciting about showing another person this part of his life. Hell, honestly having another person here was terrifying him to the point of shaking, but hopefully not noticeably. However, apparently his wince had been because she asked if he was alright, "Right as rain, kitten, just a bit sore," He offered with a smile as she wrapped his arm around her lower back, "If you're impressed now, wait until you see the inside." He said with feigned enthusiasm.

When they first walked into the warehouse it looked a lot like what you'd expect an old warehouse would look like. It was a large open area that was clean, but no in use at all. So as he lead her through the place he couldn't help but feel a bit insecure about letting a person in to see all of this. He'd had plans on making this a whole living area with shevles of books, a kitchen in the corner there, and a lot of couches for lounging about. But he'd ran out of steam on his motivation and his funds, thought walking her through her now he wished he'd had finished. He knew a few more steps he could open the door to his living area and that fear would slip from his consciousness. "Just through here, sorry it's not much to look at," He said pulling the door open to the living area, which would have been the office area from before the warehouses closing. It was a difference of night and day compared to the emptiness from before and he hoped it made her feel a bit more comfortable to see a sign of life in the place, after all he sort of lived there.

BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
CAITLYN HARPER
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 04:48 PM
quote--
26 years old
FBI ANALYST
CHICAGO, IL
played by LOTTIE
16 posts online

cait sort of wanted the ground to swallow her up when she realised that she was blushing. it wasn't just a little bit either, it was a lot. her cheeks felt like they were on fire. she wasn't used to a lot of the things he was saying, nor was she used to anyone taking such care of her. when had he decided that he wanted to call her kitten? it was such a sweet little nickname. some people would probably feel like she was some kind of weirdo but she couldn't explain how him giving her a nickname made her feel like she wasn't just some uber nerd with parents that didn't care. someone maybe cared a little bit if they were going out their way to make sure she was ok and giving her a nickname. "...i like it." she managed a shy, small smile in his direction, before she clasped her hands together in her lip as they carred on driving into the parking lot of the building.

listening to lee agree with what she said about work, cait just pursed her lips, tucking some of her hair out of her face before she nodded her head, "i don't think i want to be on my own for a good while.....or go back to that place. maybe ever." even if this guy was going to be in police custody, there could be more people that her parents could have hired to fine her. as she thought that, cait realised she might never be able to go back to that apartment or use her car again, "i guess i'll need to get a new car....maybe look for another apartment in a few days." she looked down at her hands and sighed, shaking her head, "..i don't understand why they want me back....." she was about to carry on but she didn't want to go into that, it hurt too much. so instead, cait looked up and shrugged her shoulders. "oh well.." swallowing down a lump that was forming in her throat before she got herself out of the car, "th-..." she laughed as she almost apologised again, instead just deciding to smile at him.

listening in genuine interest, cait glanced at him as he explained about the warehouse being only partly inhabitable, "how did you come to find the place?" she asked as she pushed her glasses up her nose before wrapping her arms around herself as a way offering herself self comfort. a part of her felt like she was intruding on his life, even though he'd tol her she was staying with him because of what had happened. and that was why she spoke next, sounding unsure, ".....are you sure it's ok i stay with you here? i feel like i'm intruding on your life." it was an easy admission for her to make. that was when she noticed him uncomfortable and in pain and she frowned, "....i'll take a look when we're inside." cait stated with a small smile. she didn't want him to be in pain because he'd helped her. as he wrapped his arm around her lower back, she lent against him a little as they walked. she could still feel herself shaking but she was feeling more comforted than she had in a long time.

when he led her into the building, she glanced around, not able to get over the size. even if it was only partly his, he still had a really large space. even though there seemed to be a lot of space that hadn't been utilised, there was such a large amount of potential. it really was huge. he seemed to have gone quiet all of a sudden and she glanced across at him, "...it's really nice. there's a lot of potential.," she then gave him a small smile. when lee opened the door, and cait stepped into the room beyond, she smiled, it was actually rather homey for a warehouse. it wasn't like she'd expected it to be. cait moved further inside, limping a little on the side where she'd hurt her hip and took it all in, placing her hand on the back of a couch before she glanced behind her and looked at him, "i really like it. it's homey..." she said as she wrapped her arms around herself again, the magnitude of what she'd been through starting to hit her again as she felt herself tear up. glancing away from him, she shook her head and cursed herself, "....sorry. i guess i'm just tired...."

pm--
email
^
LELAND ADAIR
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:04 AM
quote--
36 years old
Private Investigator
Saltney, Wales
played by Sammy
7 posts online

Lee was so bloody lucky that driving proved to be a suitable distraction away from Cait, because having been watching over her as he had, he knew that there were certain things she did that drove him a bit crazy, more crazy than a person with a sane mind should be. It was the little thing honestly, the way she tucked her hair, or pushed her glasses up her nose that got to him.. He knew he had a very inappropriate crush on her, and that's probably why he'd kept an eye on her, but he'd ask any sod on the street if they wouldn't do the same thing for the bird they fancied. He knew he'd be in the majority, because as it turned out humans don't like things they fancy being hurt. Go figure?

As she said she didn't want to go back to her place he nodded. He didn't want her going back there either, it was far to dangerous. As she continued to sort of think through everything out loud he couldn't help but smile slightly. She would need a new car, and definitely needed to lay low for a few days, but the mention of a new apartment sort of made him feel uneasy. No, he didn't want her finding another place, as awkward and insane as that sounded. He liked to think that after a few days with him she'd want to stay there with him, under his protection. But he wasn't going to keep her there against her will. He wasn't a stalker, no matter how many times he bloody called himself one.

She kept her external thinking going, but the part about not knowing why her parents wanted her back confused him. She was their daughter after all, shouldn't they want her back because the loved her? What didn't he know about the situation that made her so sure that their love wasn't the reason? He was about to ask just that when she changed the topic again and left him smirking as she almost thanked him once again for everything. He'd have to work on that with her. Not everything deserved a "thank you". In fact, most things people did for you had alternative motive, even what he was doing tonight. His alternative motive had everything to do with keeping the girl he fancied alive and well.

That fact she was now under his roof didn't hurt either.

He was rambling about his warehouse, he knew he was. Part of him was just worried she'd hate it and decide to leave sooner, but the other part was just worried about letting another person into something that had been just his and his griefs for so long. Yes, he knew that he'd moved past that grief a long, long time ago, but the guilt still gnawed at him like an actual demonic parasite that he could never get rid of. The fear of letting another person in like he had Dafina, with the possibility of feeling this guilt times two only made it worst. But Caitlyn wasn't Dafina, he knew that. He just had to understand that. Knowing and understanding weren't mutually exclusive for him.

She seemed to take everything in stride and that made him want to take her hand again, but again, he was far ahead of the game here. She barely knew him, not like he did her. It'd be wrong and very inappropriate, and everything he could want right now. But no, he was a gentlemen, sort of, and he's respect the bounds of their current situation. PI and victim. He could handle that, even if she kept pushing those damned glasses up her nose. "It sort of popped up in the papers when I needed it most." He said a bit in reply to her question. He wasn't sure what else to say so he let the conversation die there for a bit.

Then she sounded super insecure about staying with him and he just sort of blinked at her as they moved. "Kitten, you're actually making my life a million times easier. I wasn't planning on stopping my routine of making sure you were alright, you staying with me just means I know where you are and that I can protect you more times than not." He said with a nod as a smirk grew on his face at the way she worried about everything. It was cute, but it was also something he knew would hinder her sooner rather than later. Worrying about what you controlled, that was healthy, worrying about what you couldn't, well... He knew a thing or two about that.

He didn't like how she was shaking so he didn't argue when she offered to look at his side. Though he was more focused on wanting to check out her injuries than his own. He knew that his were nothing serious, where as hers very well could be. He was worried now, and not just because she was shaking, but because she was now in one of the biggest things he kept to himself. It was like letting her see in his head almost, and that was a terrifying thought. He didn't even like to be in his head most days, what if she saw it and decided that she'd rather go back with her parents?

When he opened the door and watched her expression he couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief. "I'm glad you like it, because I'm afraid it may be home for a while," He said as she smiled and sort of moved into the living area before him. He watched in fascination as she adventured step by step into his home, and couldn't lie and say he didn't like seeing her in there. In fact, he bloody liked it too much. "Well, consider it home for as long as you need," He offered with a smile before shutting the door behind him and latching the lock, just in case.

When he turned back around he almost ran up to her at the sign of tears prickling her eyes. No, Kitten, no waterworks, "What's the matter? Is there something wrong?"[/b] He asked moving up to her as she explained it was probably just her being tired. He reached out to grab her shoulders but pulled back when she flinched slightly, "I'm sorry, kitten... Do you need tea or something?" He asked not sure what to do, but knowing all he wanted to do was wrap her up against him and make what happened tonight go away.

BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
CAITLYN HARPER
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 05:26 PM
quote--
26 years old
FBI ANALYST
CHICAGO, IL
played by LOTTIE
16 posts online

It was quite a strange situation and there were also thoughts going through her head that she was sure she shouldn't be having when it came him Lee. But Cait couldn't really explain it. there was just something about him and the way he looked out for her that really struck her. it wasn't lost on her that he was handsome, in a rugged way that seemed to really give her butterflies but she was trying to make sure that she kept herself in check. leland had been there to help her so much lately, for whatever reason he had decided that she was worth protecting and cait didn't hate the fact of that but it was just him being nice and that was it, she didn't want to read too much into anything. She'd never had a habit of doing that and she wasn't going to start with that.

Going home to her apartment was out of the question. There was no way that she could go back. That was so out of the question. she probably wouldn't even feel safe there now anyway, no matter how long passed by. a new place seemed like the only plausible option. it wasn't like lee was going to want her to stay with him forever. he'd get bored with her and want her to move out anyway. there were a lot of things cait needed to think through and about but right then all she really truly wanted to do was sleep. she didn't want to think about all the decisions she was going to have to make now that she knew she couldn't go home. Plus, because cait was the way she was, she'd start to worry about being in lee's way sooner rather than later, and with her little attraction to him, it might happen sooner.

When cait mentioned not understanding why her parents wanted her back, it was like the comments unlocked a montage of bad memories in her head and she just sat in silence. there was the time they forgot it was her birthday when she was 8 because they were out of the country on business and the house staff made her a big cake and all bought her presents. it had turned out to be a pretty great birthday. but there were lots of memories that weren't great and that made her hate her parents.when she had children, she was going to love them more than anything in the world. they would not feel the horrendous things she did and nor would they grow up as quickly as she had to. so that was the main reason why she was so thankful and grateful to him. maybe she'd never be ablr to fully express that.

the warehouse could have been made into some kind of mansion, all on one level. it could be incredible. not that it wasn't looking great already. she stopped herself from thinking too much about that. this wasn't her house. not even close to being hers. she was just staying with him until she could find a place. though it had a little batcave feel about it, like a secret lair. the thought made her smile to herself a little as she tucked her hair put of her face for what felt like the millionth time that night. there was something comforting about the space and she enjoyed just taking it all in, "..you have everything you could want here." was the comment that left her lips as she glanced to the side at him. it was one of those places that had everything he could need. it seemed like maybe this was sort of his own persona sanctuary and again she was hit with the feeling of intruding. "it's great, really."

cait voiced her concerns to him and what he said in response to that actually caught her by surprise. she glanced at him, green eyes watching him carefully before she ran her hands over the material of the couch. it was soft and seemed very somcfotable, "i think i can get comfy on here..." she didn't know if he had a spare room or something but she wasn't going to assume so that was where she was going to be sleeping. even if it hadn't felt comy, she'd have taken it. he was offering her a place of solitude so she would deal with whatever she had to, "....no one has ever looked out for me before. it's a weird notion for me to get my head around and i went to MIT." she gave a little laugh, hoping he got her poor attempt at a joke. she thought it was funny at least.

at his words, leeland saying that it might be home for a while for her, cait just nodded and ducked her head down a little as a red blush took over her cheeks, fingers playing with the edges of her sleeves. "okay well, as long as you don't mind having a roommate for a bit.....i can cook, i'm tidy and i'm really quiet." she offered as she glanced at him again. she was all of those things though. so she'd be a quiet roommate and lee wouldn't even know she was there. she didn't want to disrupt his life. it wasn't long until she was hit with that wave of what had happned finally really sinking in and the next thing she knew was leland was gripping her shoulders. cait gasped because she wasn't expecting it and she just shook her head, "n-no...i'm fine. it's just all hitting me. i'll be fine." she looked up at him and tilted her head, "i need to sleep i think but first, let me look at your side." she said gesturing. she was going to look at him before he looked at her because cait had a feeling he'd want to.

pm--
email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Shadowplay Topsites Shadowplay
Scrolling

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.