GRACEN HENLEY
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 04:44 PM
quote--
26 years old
comic book store manager
miami, fl
played by lottie
97 posts online

Gracen had ruined everything. Why had she never listened to all of her friends when they had said she should break things off with James? She should have. She should have listened when they said that because now? Now things were just...well, over before they'd even began. She and Ellis had kissed the night of the storm and since then, he'd pretty much given her a wide berth. That hurt but she understood why he'd done it. But it didn't make it any easier for her, even if she knew it wasn't easy for him either. She'd ended things with James, though he'd seemed less than accepting of that, she got that from the countless texts and missed calls. Those had lessened over the last couple of days. But she'd had a call with Lucy earlier in the day, saying that Ellis was leaving. He'd packed all his stuff and was leaving. Gracie didn't know what she could do. She'd missed her chance. And that sucked more than anything ever had.

Grace had been at the comic store all day but she'd kept her distance from pretty much everyone. She kept getting upset because she kept thinking about the fact that she'd missed her shot. Lucy had told her to call Ellis but what would that have accomplished? He was leaving and he clearly didn't want to talk to her, otherwise he'd have told her. She was sure love wasn't supposed to be as complicated as this situation was. Yeah, love. She was in love with him and she'd known that since the night they'd kissed. But now, it was all gone. She hadn't even realise how late it had got until John came and told her he was leaving if she wanted a ride home. She just shook her head of course, she didn't want to go home. She didn't know what she wanted.

Once everyone had left, Gracen went to the front of the store, tidying up some of the shelves, getting them ready for the new comics that were due in and making a pile of the ones that would go on sale for a dollar each. A wave of sadness hit her and she felt herself getting upset again. Maybe she should at least go and say goodbye? But the time...Lucy said something about him leaving for 8 and it was already 9:30. Well, that was that. She needed to lock up and then she may as well head home, where she was going to let her emotions get the better of her for goodness knew how long. She didn't care though, she felt like everything would be messed up for a long time. However, as she moved to go and lock the door, she jumped a little as she saw someone just about to come inside and when she saw who it was, she stopped dead. It was Ellis. She didn't even say anything as he moved into the store and closed the door. Grace moved before she even knew what she was doing and practically threw herself at him, jumping up so she could kiss him. Maybe he was just there to say goodbye after all but she didn't care. He was there and she needed him to know that she did care.

tagged: Ellis Parker

--------------------
user posted image
pm--
email
^
Ellis Parker
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 09:03 PM
quote--
30 years old
WRITER
Washington DC
played by Sammy
35 posts online

you can blame it all on me
Ellis had been running late all day, and it was pissing him off. Alright, so honestly, it wasn't the lateness that was driving him crazy, it was the fact that for too long now Gracen seemed to be avoiding him, and it was infuriating him. Sure, he'd made a mistake that night telling her that he cared for her more than he probably should, and that he never, ever should have kissed her like he had. Maybe he shouldn't have stopped kissing her? Maybe he should have demanded that she be with him, that she pick him over that asshole, but he respected her wish to remain friends, to keep this purely platonic. He just didn't realize that platonic meant no talking or seeing each other. True, he'd started to cold front, but she'd continued it and it was all his damn fault.

Honestly, he had no idea why he was even staying in Miami, other than the fact he wanted to be close to Callan, the twins, and his sister. Well, that wasn't entirely true, a stupid small part of him thought that maybe Gracen would see reason and want to be with him, but he wasn't holding onto that... not as much as he had before. So when he walked in to gather the rest of the stuff from Callan's place to take to his new beach house, which he'd purchased before that damn storm that changed everything.

Ellis wasn't shocked to find Lucy in the house as he moved to grab his boxes, "Hey Luce, sorry I'm a bit late," He said, trying to not scare her as her back was turned to him. However, the ever scarable Lucy jumped and shouted slightly, giving him a dirty look as if he'd done it on purpose. "Sorry," He grinned as he grabbed the first box he found.

Lucy rolled her eyes, before glancing at the clock, "I thought you had a flight at eight?" he said with a confused look as she wiped something off her hands with a towel.

Ellis looked over puzzled at her, "Flight? No, I said I'd be here by eight to pick up my stuff. For a nanny you suck at eavesdropping." He joked as he set the box down on the table at her, "I got a house in Miami a few weeks ago, just been waiting for the papers to be drawn up before moving in. Why do you ask?" He asked as he leaned against the counter.

Lucy's face went from excitement to utter devastation, "I've... I've really messed up." Lucy sighed as she leaned back against the island. Ellis asked quickly what she meant and before he knew it he was lost in the things Lucy was telling him. Grace wanted to be with him? Lucy had told Grace that he was leaving? That he was going back to Washington. The cold stand off suddenly made sense, and the hope that he'd been trying to shrink started to grow exponentially as Lucy talked. "You have to go to her, Eli. She'll... She's been wanting to see you," Lucy said quickly as the front door opened and Lucy's eyes flew towards where Ellis was sure his brother would be showing himself any moment. Ellis shared a knowing smile with Lucy before she blushed and turned towards the stove. "Go," She ordered while looking away from him.

Ellis didn't have to be told twice. With a quick, "I'll be around tomorrow for the rest of my stuff, I got to do something," he was out of the door, leaving a blushing Lucy and confused Callan in his ways.

It took to long to get there. Hell, it'd been ten minutes since he'd raced out of the house and hew as pretty sure he could have ran there faster, but he wasn't leaving his car at his brothers. There would be no backtracking, not tonight. He made it there past closing, but noticed the sign still read open so without hesitation he pulled the door open and was face to face with the woman he knew he'd fallen for the moment he'd seen that damned mayo on her chin. He went to say something, but before he could she'd catapulted herself at him, his arms catching her as she jumped into them, her lips finding his like they were meant to.

He'd never been so happy in his life as they kissed awkwardly at first, her height and his battling against gravity before he gathered her up in his arms, pulling her flush against him and moving her to the register counter and placing her there so he could moving his hands all over her sides and back as their lips played out everything they hadn't said to each other. His lips said the "I needed you to pick me," that go lost in his throat. Her's said that she had picked him, that she'd just been stupid and that she was sorry. His lips accepted her apology as his hands apologized for him by moved over to cup her face between them. When they pulled apart he was grinning like and idiot, his thumb rubbing slow circles into her cheeks, "A guy could get use to that kind of hello," He sighed as his lips just sort of traced hers as he talked, he didn't want to stop kissing her ever.

GRACEN HENLEY || ellis is literally dying so yeah
love, libby
pm--
email
^
GRACEN HENLEY
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 03:07 PM
quote--
26 years old
comic book store manager
miami, fl
played by lottie
97 posts online

Gracen was wondering whether she needed to take the advice that edie had given her and maybe get away for a few days, it might do her good, the whole Ellis thing was far too fresh though and she'd probably just mope around most of the day if she went somewhere. She would get away for a few days but maybe once emotions had settled down a little more. When Lucy had told her that Ellis was leaving, it hurt so much. But could she blame him? She'd only very recently broken things off with James but she should have called Ellis to tell him right away. The fact she figured he was avoiding her had made her rethink doing that so she hadn't. That was more than likely a costly mistake on her part and one she may end up regretting for the rest of her life. That just sounded horrendous to her and made her let out a large sigh at the thought of her never seeing him again but that was the price she was going to have to pay for being stupid and not doing anything.

What she really needed as a temporary measure to helping the way she was feeling was a night out with all of her friends. A night where she could just get lost in talking and dancing with the most important people in her life. It would only help a little but it would possibly do her some good, that was until she could have a break herself and get away for a few days. That was a seed planted in her head now and she was going to text all her closest friends such as Edie, Lucy and Bex and see if they were up for drunken shenanigans that weekend. Friday or Saturday, she didn't care. Anything just to take her mind off of Ellis and the fact that he would now be back in his way to Washington, D.C.

There was a part of her that was contemplating locking herself in the office and just working on her graphic novel all night. It'd be a good distraction but she was exhausted and she didn't want to put any kind of mediocre work into something she had been working on for so long. That was one thing she still had in her life, her art and her novels. At least if she was heartbroken and staying in all the time, it'd take less time to get through what she had left to finish. With a sigh, she pulled her jacket on and turned off the lights in the office. She'd collect her things when she popped in the next day. She wasn't working but she generally found herself there most days, even when she was supposed to take the day off. Plus, it wasn't like she'd get away with moping around the house for too long. Bexley and Edie wouldn't allow it so it was best she did her moping somewhere else.

What Gracen hadn't expected was to see him stood there. She didn't believe it for several long moments but then when she realised that he was, she just reacted. There was so much she wanted to say but all she could think of doing was kissing him so that was just what she did as she flung herself at him. It was awkward because of her height compared to his but it worked. However, as he picked her up, her arms wound their way over his shoulders as he carried her to the register. She pulled him closer once she was seated and clung to him like she was terrified he was going to leave. That wasn't an option of course. Everything she wanted to say, the apology she so badly wanted to give him was all in that kiss. When he cupped her cheeks, she grinned as he pulled back, even if it was only a little distance, “You should get used to it.” she kissed him again and pulled back after a few moments, smiling, “I missed you, so much. Sorry for taking so long to get with the program...” She said with a smile as she rested her head against his.

--------------------
user posted image
pm--
email
^
Ellis Parker
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 08:55 PM
quote--
30 years old
WRITER
Washington DC
played by Sammy
35 posts online

you can blame it all on me
Ellis had never been so happy in his entire life. Not when he'd gotten word he was going to be published. Not when he'd gotten the house. This moment right here, this very moment kissing Gracen Henley was the best moment in his life. He'd waited forever to be like this, to kiss her, really kiss her. There wasn't an ounce of him being held back from her right now. Every swipe of his lips against hers, the taste of her lips against his, and the way she made little noises that rumbled through him all felt so real. God, he could kiss her forever. Eli wanted to get lost in the softness, the rough way she would suck on his lip, and the way she felt in his arms. Ellis could die a happy man right now, but though his heart was beating a million miles an hour, death wasn't the thing he was worried about. He was worried about getting more.

"Please, promise me every hello, goodbye, and every moment in between is going to be like this?" He muttered quietly as hips lips pecked and teased hers as they pulled apart for much needed air. When she pulled back from him, though more fully, Ellis raised his brow at her. Sure he was feeling pretty dazed at the moment, but there was no need to put a stop to their closeness. They never needed to be this far apart ever again, if he had any say. "I missed you. Gracen, I've been missing you my whole life," He said as his thumbs stopped moved and he moved his hands a bit farther back into her hair, pulling her back to him for a few soft kisses.

God, he could kiss her forever.

"Someone once told me," He said after she apologized about taking so long, "the best things in life are worth the wait," He smiled nuzzling her nose with his a few times. He was beyond giddy right now. Gracen had finally chosen him. She was kissing him, touching him, and letting him know that she cared for him. That she felt the same way. "You could have waited another ten years, and I'd still be here," Ellis said honestly, having never felt this much before about a person in his life. He loved her. He knew he did, he had since their official first meeting, when he was wearing a shirt. "Just so you know, I'm not leaving," He added, resisting the urge to just kiss her again.

GRACEN HENLEY || sorry it's short, but ellis isn't under control atm
love, libby
pm--
email
^
GRACEN HENLEY
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 01:41 PM
quote--
26 years old
comic book store manager
miami, fl
played by lottie
97 posts online

Gracen didn't know if it was fair for her to feel as happy as she did because she'd really thought she'd messed things up by not breaking things off with a guy that was clearly not good for her. Ellis had been there and she'd just kept saying she needed to be loyal to James. It had actually been super easy to break things off once she'd realised that what she felt for him was love. There was no other way to describe it other than that way. As they kissed though, she honestly felt like she might explode from the amount of happy emotions she was feeling. They were going to take quite a while to get used to. That was for sure. She quickly got lost in the kissing. It was so easy to do so. She loved the way that his lips felt on hers, and she did tease him a little now and then by biting lightly at his bottom lip, or sucking slightly on it. Grace just didn't ever want to stop kissing him. She was just glad that she'd had the sense to dump James. The thought of him leaving was still there in the back of her mind.

At his words, her hands slid around his back, moving up and down slowly as she let out a little laugh, "I think that sounds like plan. Just all the time." she agreed with a smile, lips pecking gently against his before she kissed him properly again. It wasn't like she could help herself. It had been a long time coming. When Grace pulled back from a very necessary breath, she caught him raise her eyebrow at her and couldn't help but laugh a little, hands moving so she could wrap them o EE his shoulders, setting her legs on either side of him so she could pull him closer, grinning up at him. Accepting the soft kisses, Gracen pushed one hand up into his hair at the back, just getting lost in his words. Words that made her stomach flip and her heard skip a beat. There was no way she'd ever get used to someone saying stuff like that to her. Ever.

Closing her eyes, Grace rested her head against his and let out a contented, happy sigh as they stood there. And then his words made her open her eyes slowly and smile at him, "....I love you." That was all she could think to say in response to such an admission. He would have waited years for her. That was just....Gracen was lost for words. She rubbed her nose back with his and then almost felt like crying when he said that he wasn't leaving. The relief that washed over Gracen was visible. Leaning, back in, she ran her hands down his chest and nodded, "Good.....I don't know what I'd have done if you did." she admitted as she pecked his lips again, " Let's get out of here...."

--------------------
user posted image
pm--
email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Shadowplay Topsites Shadowplay
Scrolling

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.