LYDIA NOVAK
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 09:29 PM
quote--
29 years old
Forensics MDPD
Miami, Fl
played by Sammy
4 posts online

It'd been a long, long day and Lydia was exhausted. She'd come in earlier this morning to check on some results before some of the detectives came in for the day, and was now about to leave, an hour later than she'd expected to be out of here. She could hear the siren call of the bottle of wine in her fridge and was ready to curl up with the new book she'd bought yesterday and lose herself in it for the night.

That had been her plan for tonight, and after the long shift she just pulled she needed that wine more than ever. Some of the samples they'd collected at the last crime scene had seemed to been contaminated by something in transit, and now they were at a loss on a few of the items they'd collected, needless to say the field team had made a grave error and Lydia had been kind enough to stay later to try and help.

But the end of the evening though, she had to bid everyone goodbye, because she was no longer able to properly think. She'd changed out of her lab coat and sterile uniform and into her civilian clothes, a pair of leggings, a t-shirt, and a cardigan... It was Friday, she'd been going for comfort this morning. She felt human again as she started to walk out the door and ran right into a chest as she turned the corner.

She was quick with a, "I'm so sorry," before looking up and seeing Camden Hollis before her. She swallowed hard and her brain left her completely. "Hey Officer Hollis, sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," Lydia said trying not to stare at him, but probably failing. She was quite tired, and this man, this adorable and confusing man just happened to be a bit of a crush for her. As in convenient as that was in a workplace. "Are you, uh.. here about that case? The one from earlier today?" Lydia stumbled over her words slightly trying not to say what was going through her mind, which mostly consisted of curses and embarrassing emotions.

Maybe i should cut back on the romance novels,

CAMDEN HOLLIS -- Hope this is alright.
GENEVIEVE

pm--
email
^
OFFICER CAMDEN HOLLIS
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 04:01 PM
quote--
29 years old
PATROL OFFICER
MARIETTA, GA
played by LOTTIE
12 posts online

whoooo camtime.

LYDIA NOVAK

cam wasn't always one to let his temper get the better of him. no, once he'd been completely different than the person he was right now. bexley would testify to that but ever since he'd lost hannah and the baby, he just couldn't ever let it go. he'd beocme cold and reserved, preferring to be on his own than spend time with anyone for too long. that included his brother and mother. it was a lonely existence and sometimes he wondered if he should just tell his mom and his twin exactly why he was like he was. but talking about losing his unborn child, as well as hannah - it just hurt too much. the emotion that he still felt, it was rivalled by nothing he'd ever felt bwfore so, he kept it to himself, dealing with that pain daily because he didn't want people to know.

his day had had been extremly long and he hated it when he got called to houses where children were involved. the last one he'd worked had ended badly for a father and his daughter involved in a car wreck and it was just too incredibly close to home for him. it was like he was vibrating from anger and sadness as he moved towards the locker room. he just wanted to hit something. so, in an unusual letting loose of his anger, as he walked passed a noticeboard, he punched at the wall, yelling out loudly as the pain split over his knuckles. it didnt even help him stop feeling the way he was. he just had pain to add to that now.

sighing, now cradling his hand to his body, camden carred on his way. he'd patch himself up when he got back to his apartment before he went to the gym. regardless of the pain, the gym would help him sweat out the awful mood he was currently in. he carried on his way and was turning a corner when someone else met him as he came around too and ran right into him, hitting his hand in the process, he gritted his teeth together and tried not to make any sound as the pain radiated throughout his knuckles. he glanced up quickly, possibly about ti give someone a mouthful but decided it'd be best he held his tongue when he saw it was lydia, one of the csi's.

he pursed his lips and raised his good hand to scratch at his beard as he looked at her, "it's fine." he said in a gruff tone, shrugging his shoulders a little before he dropped the hand from his chin. he was about to move passed her so that he could get into the locker room and get out of there and she had to mention the case, he wasn't even near there for that reason and the thought of that case again made him the anger boil under his skin again, "no. i was just heading home." he said as he held his hand awkwardly still. he needed some tylenol or something just to keep the pain at bay until he could strap it up when he got him and he couldn't help but wince ever so slightly.

it's dark inside
where my demons hide
BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
LYDIA NOVAK
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 09:22 PM
quote--
29 years old
Forensics MDPD
Miami, Fl
played by Sammy
4 posts online

Lydia really didn't want to look like a complete fool right now, but she also realized that standing in front of Camden and smiling like she was probably probably doing just that. She really couldn't help it though, he was to cute and obviously unattainable. Just her type. Unfortunately the nerdy CSI chick didn't seem to be his because he looked like he wanted to walk right past her. Great. Now you're bugging him. She thought as she sort of tilted to one side so if he wanted to leave he could. He'd said it was fine, and honestly she'd thought any contact with him was more than fine, she noticed he was holding his hand weird, and that he looked utterly livid.

She didn't want to deal with a pissed of Camden, but at the same time she couldn't ignore the way he was holding his one hand, and she raised her brow at him. "I can take a look at that if you'd like. I mean, I'n not a doctor, though a lot of people seem to think that if your a CSI you know the same stuff doctors do, which isn't true... but I do know first aid. And that looks bad," She offered with a sigh realizing she'd rambled a bit more than she'd intended, not that she'd intended to ramble. That just sort of happened around him. "I mean, really bad," She said reaching for his hand and pulling it closer to her for inspection.

Alright, so maybe closer than she needed top pull it, but she was taking this as a hand hold right now in her head and it was making her blush a bit more than she should be. Forcing herself to focus on his injury and now on the way his warm hand made her dizzy, she started noting little clues and signs of what could have happened. It wasn't like you'd get these types of injuries from punching a person. It looked like from how his knuckles were split open, and the way his hand felt hot, he'd punched something much, much harder. Maybe even something solid. Not even punching bags could leave marks like these. Lydia raised her brow at him, "Did you get into a fight with a man made of concrete?" She asked with a sigh as she ran her thumb lightly over his one knuckle, trying to judge the bruising.

CAMDEN HOLLIS -- Hope this is alright.
GENEVIEVE

pm--
email
^
OFFICER CAMDEN HOLLIS
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 04:05 PM
quote--
29 years old
PATROL OFFICER
MARIETTA, GA
played by LOTTIE
12 posts online

whoooo camtime.

LYDIA NOVAK

Camden looked her expectantly when she kept stood in front of him and raised his eyebrows. He did t really know Lydia all that well. He guessed she'd worked there almost as long as he had and she always seemed very cheerful. He often found himself wondering what that felt like because it had just been so long since he had felt anything close to being cheerful and happy. He wasn't either of those things, not anymore and as he thought about his own personal hell, he realised that maybe, he was never going to be either of those things again.was it tragic? Probably. He sighed a little as he began to move to step around her, so badly needing Tylenol. And that was when she noticed the way he was holding his hand. there wasn't really any way he could have been any more discreet about the hand - he just wished she hadn't noticed it.

as she looked at his hand, he felt a little uncomfortable. cam wanted to tell her that he was fine and he'd sort it when he got home but then she was offering to take a look at it and camden found himself in a situation where he probably didn't have any choice. "....you really don't have do..." but it was too late, she was already pulling his hand towards her and inspecting it. he winced at the movement and let out a little gasp because now he thought about it, punching a wall wasn't the best idea for his frustrations. "it doesn't feel so great...." he managed to mumble as he glanced at her, using his other hand to push through his hair. he really didn't like people getting too close to him, even in this kind of sense.

he stood there, feeling awkward that they were in the middle of a corridor that had people coming and going. cam just nodded as an officer he recognised and then tried to look anywhere but at her. he winced and jerk his hand back a little as she touched his hand, making the pain even worse. "i punched a wall, over a case." cam set his jaw tight and tried to push the images of the scene out of his head, a father and daughter murded by someone. cam couldn't help but shake his head to himself as if he was trying to push those images out of his head. he hated seeing them. it was too close to home with him. "...seemed like a good idea at the time." he shrugged lightly and let out a sigh, "do you mind if we get out of standing in the middle of a corridor, i'd really like this not to get back to the captain."

it's dark inside
where my demons hide
BY MITZI
pm--
email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Shadowplay Topsites Shadowplay
Scrolling

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION.